On Wednesday, iRacing announced that their 2022 Season 2 update is coming soon. This update will bring a host of new content and features to the game, including new tracks, cars, and race series.
One of the most highly anticipated additions in this update is the new IndyCar series. Players will be able to compete in virtual versions of the iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway and other iconic tracks from the IndyCar calendar. The update will also bring a new Dallara IR-18 chassis to the game, allowing players to experience the thrill of racing these high-performance open-wheel machines.
In addition to the new IndyCar content, the Season 2 update will also introduce the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car, as well as the return of the fan-favorite Skip Barber Formula 2000. The update will also bring a host of new tracks to the game, including Circuit of the Americas, Circuit Zandvoort, and Suzuka Circuit.
Another exciting feature of the Season 2 update is the introduction of dynamic weather. This will allow players to experience the full range of racing conditions, from sunny and dry to wet and rainy, and everything in between. This added layer of realism will bring a new level of challenge and excitement to the game.
Overall, the iRacing 2022 Season 2 update looks to be a major addition to the game, bringing a host of new content and features that will keep players coming back for more. With the inclusion of the IndyCar series and dynamic weather, as well as a range of new tracks and cars, there will be plenty for players to explore and enjoy.
Here’s the full list:
- Stock Car Pro Series Chevrolet Cruze and Toyota Corolla: Take the wheel of the premier racing vehicles in Brazil and see if you can adapt to this challenging formula!
- 1987 NASCAR Cup Series Buick LeSabre: Expand your vintage NASCAR Cup Series garage with the addition of the LeSabre to the Chevrolet Monte Carlo and Ford Thunderbird. NDM is enabled for this car.
- Aston Martin Vantage GT4 and Hyundai Veloster: The 2020 IMSA Michelin Pilot Series championship-winning vehicles in both Grand Sport and Touring Car join the fray, with each car immediately enabled for AI use as well. NDM is enabled for these cars.
- iRacing Formula iR-04: One of the most popular early developmental open-wheel formulas in the world comes to iRacing. Race the same machines that gave some of the world’s top up-and-coming stars their start!
- Winton Motor Raceway: The longtime home of the Australian Supercars Winton Super Sprint becomes the latest track from down under to make its iRacing debut with two configurations, each of which is immediately available for AI use.
- Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55: One of the most popular dirt tracks in the Midwest joins iRacing—do you have what it takes to lap the high-banked clay third-mile?
- Grand Prix AI: The Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E Performance is unlocked for AI racing, where it’s joined by the Grand Prix layouts at Monza, Circuit of the Americas, Silverstone, and Suzuka, as well as Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.
- NASCAR Truck Series and GT3 Class updates: The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series vehicles have been updated with current series branding and new vehicle models for 2022, while GT3 cars have been adjusted to meet current IMSA standards.
- NetCode: iRacing has been updated to improve prediction behaviors and the accuracy of vehicle vectors to limit unintentional contact.