As the popularity of esports racing continues to grow, more and more people are turning to simulators like iRacing to get their racing fix. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a complete newcomer to the world of virtual racing, there are always ways to improve your skills and performance on the track. Here are five tips to help you get the most out of iRacing:
- Proper setup is key – Just like in real racing, the setup of your car plays a huge role in how it performs on the track. Experiment with different tire pressures, wing angles, and other adjustable settings to find the perfect balance for your driving style and the specific track you’re racing on.
- Practice, practice, practice – There’s no substitute for seat time when it comes to improving your skills in any racing sim. Spend as much time as you can on the track, experimenting with different lines and techniques to see what works best for you.
- Learn from the pros – iRacing features a robust community of professional and semi-professional drivers, many of whom are more than happy to share their knowledge and experience with newer players. Take advantage of this by joining online racing leagues or watching in-car footage and telemetry from top drivers to see what they’re doing differently.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes – Racing is all about learning from your mistakes and using that knowledge to improve your performance. Don’t be afraid to push the limits and try new things, even if it means making a few mistakes along the way.
- Master the art of race craft – In addition to raw speed and car setup, a key factor in success in iRacing is race craft – the ability to position your car and make smart moves on the track. Work on your overtaking and defensive driving skills, and don’t be afraid to use the bumper to protect your position or make a pass.
By following these tips and putting in the time and effort to practice and improve, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a top performer in iRacing. Happy racing!