iRacing and PEAK Antifreeze & Motoroil have partnered together for this season to send one iRacer to the 2014 PEAK Stockcar Dream Challenge driver combine at Charlotte Motor Speedway beginning on June 9th 2014!
The driver combine will be hosted by Michael Waltrip Racing and follow a similar format to the competition last year. We will release more details about this part of the competition once it launches in February. Here is last year’s video summary:
Here are the important rules:
1. The overall winner of the 12 week series, the iRacing PEAK Stockcar Dream Challenge, will win a seat in the 2014 PEAK driver combine. This series will use the National Series Impala (K&N stockcar) and will run all of Season 1: January 27th through April 21st, 2014.
2. The winner must be a US resident, be 16 years old or older and be able to safely enter and exit a racecar. These are PEAK rules. We know that many of you from outside the US may intend to compete and may do so for other prizes (see below).
3. In the event that the winner of the iRacing PEAK Stockcar Dreams Challenge is not a US resident, the next highest finisher who meets the qualifications above will win the trip to the 2014 PEAK Stockcar Dream Challenge driver combine.
4. The iRacing PEAK Stockcar Dream Challenge series is open to iRacers with a Class D or higher competition license for the Oval category, but Rookie drivers with a safety rating of 4.0 or higher are eligible to “race up” in this series.
5. The winner of the iRacing PEAK Stockcar Dream Challenge will win airfare and hotel accommodations to Charlotte, NC.
6. The winner of the iRacing PEAK Stockcar Dream Challenge will be officially notified by Michael Waltrip Racing and PEAK. The winner will be filmed and included in the 2014 PEAK Stockcar Dream Challenge video documentary which will air on the Velocity TV channel. [divider]
1. PEAK Antifreeze & Motoroil will give away one Obutto R3volution chassis, Main Performance gaming PC and all the accessories for a turn-key racing sim. To be eligible to win the chassis, an iRacer must display the PEAK logo as the primary sponsor on their racecar and compete in at least 10 official PEAK Stockcar Dream Challenge Series races during Season 1 (January 27th – April 21st 2014). For a race to be considered official, you must run at least 50% of the laps of the winning racecar.
2. PEAK will also be giving away 10 custom pit crew style PEAK/iRacing baseball caps to 10 lucky winners. The winners will be randomly drawn from a pool of drivers who have displayed the PEAK logo as the primary sponsor on their racecar and compete in at least 10 official PEAK Stockcar Dream Challenge Series races during Season 1 (January 27th – April 21st 2014). For a race to be considered official, you must run at least 50% of the laps of the winning racecar. [divider]
2013 NASCAR iRacing.com Series World Champion, Tyler Hudson, will attend the 2014 PEAK Stockcar Dream Challenge driver combine:
1. PEAK has generously invited our 2013 NASCAR iRacing.com Series World Champion, Tyler Hudson, to attend the driver combine at Charlotte Motor Speedway in June.
2. It will be great to have two iRacing members represented in the 2014 PEAK Stockcar Dream Challenge. Both drivers will represent the great sport of sim racing to a large TV audience.[divider]
2014 PEAK Stockcar Dream Challenge:
1. iRacing has been given special permission by PEAK to begin the sim racing portion of the 2014 PEAK Stockcar Dream Challenge a few weeks early. More exciting announcements will take place in mid-February when PEAK officially announces the competition to the motorsports world.
2. You may enter the 2014 PEAK Stockcar Dream Challenge driver combine separately from iRacing and our mini 12 week series. You can enter on the official PEAK webpage when the competition begins in mid-February. You are encouraged to mention your iRacing background in the application process! [divider]
1. We have other exciting announcements with PEAK to share with you during the season. Stay tuned, 2014 is going to be a great time to be an iRacer!