January 20, 2012 in News
iRacerstuff.com has completed a major overhaul in design and content for 2012. This is the first major change for iRacerstuff.com since it’s initial launch back in July of 2009. The new version of the website has been completely rebuilt from the ground up, using a new system. Many new pages and areas for new content have been added, but much of the
There are news and update pages for:One of our goals was to bring the most up to date information to the community as possible. By reading, watching and listening we can compile tons of information and post it on our news/update pages. The entire home page has been rebuilt to offer the latest news, updates and rumors involving iRacing. We’ve also added sections for Featured Articles, which is where we will post links from sites all over the net related to iRacing.com.content from the previous version has been removed to make room for new, more up-to-date content.
- New Build Updates: discussing all of the features and updates expected in the next iRacing build.
- Oval Track News: looks at all tracks that have been talked about, strongly requested, scanned, or in production and what the current status is of that track coming to the service.
- Road Course News: same as oval, looks at road courses being talked about and rumored to be coming to the service, and looks at the current status.
- Car Content News: looks at all of the cars in the pipeline to be released, and tells the current status and estimated time of release.
- Paint Schemes! We want to do this right. Our goal is to bring many of the 2011/2012 Sprint Cup/Nationwide/Truck Series schemes to be available. Including 2012 Sprint Cup schemes also available for the Silverado. This will be a huge project, and we really hope some of the great painters throughout the community will come together to help with this project. We also want to have a wide selection of fictional schemes as well.
- Spotter Packs: We hope to bring several different versions of spotters to iRacers. From real NASCAR spotters to some funny and different fun spotter packs as well. With the right help, we’d also love to put together some road racing specific spotter packs and some packs in other languages.
- Setups: We are still working on this. We’d really like to offer setups to the community, but only if the right team comes together to put them together. We don’t want to post a bunch of sets then have all outdated sets each new build that are never updated (as many other sites).
- Track Guides: One of our biggest goals since the beginning is to put together tools to help the average sim racer learn how to pick up speed. Track Guides would help learn the different lines and braking points, as well as what to look for when testing setups. The guide would also help cover strategy, as far as fuel mileage and tire wear.
Overall, 2012 should be a fantastic year for iRacerstuff.com as we rebuild and fill our site with resources for the community. We hope to have tons of content and links by mid-year so we can shift the focus to new ideas and new content. We are always looking for more ideas, content and links. If you have ideas, or are interested in submitting any content or links, please reach us at email@example.com.
Total Views: 9380